ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Quota Manager

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Re: ADSM and Quota Manager
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Have you tried running with this option :-

SkipNTSecurity

John

Johan Poll <jpol AT NL.IBM DOT COM> on 04/05/2000 07:26:37

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: John Naylor/HAV/SSE)
Subject:  ADSM and Quota Manager

We are using Quota Manager 5.1 and ADSM for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 3.1.1.0.

We are backing up Windows NT 4.0 (including SP5) servers bij using the ADSM
Scheduler on the Windows NT servers. The scheduler is running under the
Windows NT SYSTEM account and has rights on the whole filesystem.
The client version on those Windows NT servers is TSM Client 3.7.1.

The problem is:
If a users quota on his home drive is exceeded, Quota manager will lock the
access for that user.
The problem now is that ADSM also stops backing up the server if it starts
backing up the locked files.
The error message in the DSMSCHED.LOG is:
--> ANS1448E An error occurred accessing NTFS security information.
My question is:
My question is:
Is there anyone who has had the same problems ?
Is there anyone who can help me solve this problem ?

with kind regards, / met vriendelijke groeten,
Johan Pol
Boerhaavelaan 11 - 2713 HA - Zoetermeer
Tel. : (+31)79 3223051
Fax. : (+31)79 3213989
Mobile : (+31)6 51384705
Internet : JPol AT nl.ibm DOT com

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric and Southern Electric are trading names of
Scottish and Southern Energy Group