ADSM-L

Re: DRM Solution

2000-05-04 07:50:42
Subject: Re: DRM Solution
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 06:50:42 -0500
Well we paid for fddi paths offsite of our production site to our disaster
recovery site where our adsm environments exist.
Ok so you have to have recovery machines, these are our development boxes
basically
during development work and if they become production (in the event of a
disaster) they will need good bandwidth so they have it now...
we don't have to take any tapes out of the atl, make any copies of tapes,
blah blah blah... we just use the running environment in the event of a
disaster.
our offsite location is where  no single plane that crashes will hit both
sites, and no single fire, single tornado, etc...
this eliminates any of the possible manual intervention screw ups that might
happen otherwise

Dwight