ADSM-L

AW: AW: Incremental Forever

2000-05-04 02:56:35
Subject: AW: AW: Incremental Forever
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 08:56:35 +0200
Hi Don,

>> sal's argument makes a good case for the new "backup sets",

Absolutely correct! You have got it!
In fact, this new functionality of 3.7 makies it possible
in our shop to plan extending the *sm usage
into areas where our restore time requirements
has been preventing us from doing so till now!
We only wait for network enabled restore from backup sets.

And yes - we do use mirroring, and still have
requirements for rapid recovery.
For explanation, data loss can be caused by different reasons,
not only through disk crash or local fire,
e.g. people by they very nature can cause data loss or damage..

best regards
Salak Juraj

KEBA AG
Softwareentwicklung Bankautomation