ADSM-L

Re: how many admins per client occupancy size, db size, servers

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Re: how many admins per client occupancy size, db size, servers
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Since this thread seems to be picking up speed, I would like to ask for more
detailed information.

We are currently expanding our ADSM offering. Right now, we only handle 26
nodes doing about 45-80GB nightly. However, we have nodes coming online that
will have 300-500GB+ with probably 10-20% backed up nightly.

For instance, those who are backing up 1TB or more, nightly:

1.  Do you backup to DASD first or directly to tape ?
2.  For those who go to DASD, how big is your landing zone ?  How much DASD
is dedicated ?
3.  What type of tape device(s) are you using ?  How many physical
spindles/drives simultaneously ?
4.  What communications hardware ? T1-3, FDDI, ATM, ESCON, SAN, FICON ?