ADSM-L

Re: AW: Incremental Forever

2000-05-03 12:26:59
Subject: Re: AW: Incremental Forever
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 12:26:59 -0400
And another thing  :-}   ----
In the event of a site disaster, won't there be lots of tape contention?
i.e. you try to restore 10 nodes in parallel, but 4 of them need the
same tape, and the first of the four to get the tape locks it until its
restore is completely finished.  Thus the other three have to wait.
(Unless you collocate your copy pool - not recommended.)

Right?

Backup sets solves this one too.  But you'd have to make backup sets of
EVERYTHING on a regular basis.... Ouch!

Anybody have a better scheme for handling tape contention in a DR
scenario?

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris