ADSM-L

ODBC driver for Win98/NT

2000-05-03 14:11:32
Subject: ODBC driver for Win98/NT
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:11:32 -0700
In trying to install the ODBC driver on my win98 laptop I found it fails.
Someone from this list pointed me to a patch which solves this known issue.
It involves copying a .dll file into your windows/system directory IF THERE
IS ONE NOT THERE ALREADY. Well if there is on there, it says in the readme
to call Tivoli. Not a very useful patch considering I?ve tried several 98
laptops and all of them already have the .dll file. And yes I overwrite it
anyways and there still seems to be problems.

Anyone have the workaround for this?

Thanks!

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer