ADSM-L

Frequency of Server Backups

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Frequency of Server Backups
From: Roy Lake [mailto:RLake AT AXIAL-TBG DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Chaps,

Has anyone got any recommendations as to the frequency of backing up the
storage pools and doing the database backups?....Currently, we run a script
that backs up the storage pools, then does two db backups just before our
tapes go offsite for storage...should we be running this more
frequently?...It is tight, as our schedule is very busy.

Any suggestions greatfully recieved.

Cheers,

Roy.

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the Intended
Recipient")
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and
confidential
within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
distribution, copying
or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than
the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
prohibited.

The views in this message or it's attachments are that of the sender.

If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender and dispose
of this email
as soon as possible. If in doubt contact the Axial System Support Desk
on +44 208 592 6666 x 296 (UK).