ADSM-L

nclude/exclude list question (yaielq)

2000-05-03 11:58:57
Subject: nclude/exclude list question (yaielq)
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:58:57 -5
yaielq  ==>  Yet Another Include/Exclude List Question

I think I just became very depressed . . . . .

On a nightly basis we create directories with backup info in them.
Each of these directories has subdirectories and lots of files.
Something like the following:

        /backup/bkup.xyz.05012200/ . . .(subdirs and files)
        /backup/bkup.abc.05022200/ . . .(subdirs and files)
        /backup/bkup.def.05022300/ . . .(subdirs and files)
           . . . etc . . .

These are created overnight, backed up to tape, and deleted within a
few days.  So, there is a high turnover of these directories.

I was planning to use tsm to backup the different directory
structures into different management classes (different retension
requirements) by using wildcards.  Something like:

        include /backup/bkup.xyz*   mgtclassforxyz
        include /backup/bkup.abc*   mgtclassforabc
        include /backup/bkup.def*   mgtclassfordef

Upon reading the manual closely (please, don't say it, I should have
done this before!!!!) I see that an include cmd is for files only,
and you can't use wildcards in the path.

Any suggestions on how, or if, something like this could be done?

One options is to tar the directories (ie:
/backup/bkup.xyz.05012200.tar), but I really don't want to do this.

Thanks!

Rick