ADSM-L

Windows Client Version 3.7.2

2000-05-03 10:39:28
Subject: Windows Client Version 3.7.2
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 07:39:28 -0700
Hello everybody,

Yesterday we discovered a problem with version 3.7.2 of our
Windows client, where the backup support for Windows 2000
system objects was not working.

As soon as we discovered this, we pulled the code from the
FTP site and the CD-ROMs (which have not yet been burned).
The problem has been corrected and the PTF will be replaced
on the FTP site later today. For those of you who order the
CD-ROM, only the corrected version will be shipped.

Aside from the problem where Windows 2000 system objects
can not be backed up, the client is otherwise alright.
Just the same, if you have downloaded but not yet installed
the client, we recommend that you delete the downloaded
code and wait for the corrected version. If you have
already installed this code, we recommend that you download
and install the corrected version once it is made available.

It is our goal to deliver the highest quality software as
possible and it is unfortunate that this kind of problem
had to occur. Our management team is currently investigating
what went wrong, and they will be taking measures to help
prevent this in the future.

On behalf of IBM/Tivoli, I apologize for any inconvenience
this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."