ADSM-L

Re: Moving ADSM server

2000-05-03 08:00:26
Subject: Re: Moving ADSM server
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 07:00:26 -0500
OK, but if it is only the storage pools that are on RAID, then just make
sure and have nothing in the storage pool(s)...
you should still be able to just move the DB & LOG over (with export &
import of the volume group(s))
(Oh, yes, make sure and have a DB Backup...)
I like to use ADSM for the safety of the DB & LOG (adsm mirroring)

Now the last time I did a restore db, and it was on an MVS ADSM, I allocated
& formatted the files, then did the restore DB... it blew up... not enough
space "extended" to hold the restore... then I deleted the files, allocated
them again, formatted them again, started adsm and fully extended them and
ran the restore... it blew up... something about the DB now being bigger
than before SO I deleted the files, ..........., started adsm, extended the
DB out to exactly what it was before, halted adsm, did the restore DB and
that time it ran....
That was during a disaster recovery test (of ADSM) and I had to build
everything new... all my other (more current) tests have been just writing
over the same existing files.

Just some of what I've run into...

later,
       Dwight