ADSM-L

Re: Moving ADSM server

2000-05-02 16:57:18
Subject: Re: Moving ADSM server
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 15:57:18 -0500
If all your DB  & LOG & Storage volumes are on say external SSA disks...
just export the volume groups, move the disks to the new/other H50 and
import the volume groups, then after bringing a few things like the
seqvolhist & the such just start adsm (oh after you install it on the
new/other H50)

Actuall this is how we did a ton (well about 6) upgrades from H50's to S70's

if your environment makes this possible it is WAY easier than any sort of
export/import or restore DB on the other server...

Our down time was about 1+ hour 'cause we had the S70's off when we hooked
up the SSA's and the  boot time was the longest task.

Dwight