ADSM-L

ADSM and Microsoft Cluster

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: ADSM and Microsoft Cluster
From: amodio AT OSYS DOT CH [mailto:amodio AT OSYS DOT CH]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all

We have installed several Microsoft NT Cluster (NT 4.0 with SP 5) and ADSM
Clients (3.1.0.7, 3.1.0.8, 3.7.2).
At 5 out of 40 the Cluster Client doesn't work. (BAckup Client  and
Scheduler)

After the start of BAckup Scheduler, we receive the following Error Message.
ANS1838E Error open user specified option file ..........

After the start of BAckup Client , we receive the following Error Message
ANS1155E CLUSTERNODE option is set to yes, but Cluster is not enabled.Either
the maschine does not have Cluster Server installed, or server is not
running.

In the dsm.opt is the CLUSTERNODE option set to YES .

If we remove the Clusternode option, everything works fine

The scheduler for local Drives works, and the Cluster failover without any
problems.

Thanks for your help
+ Mario Amodio              E-Mail:   amodio AT osys DOT ch
+ Osys AG                   Tel:      01 317 18 19
+ Hofwiesenstrasse 350      Fax:      01 317 18 20
+ 8050 Zuerich