ADSM-L

Re: new TSM clients for Mac, SGI and Linux

2000-05-02 08:35:44
Subject: Re: new TSM clients for Mac, SGI and Linux
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:35:44 +0200
On 01-May-00 Gretchen L. Thiele wrote:
> Well, I've been installing the new TSM clients like crazy. The
> good news is that the SGI client and the now supported (yippee!)
> Linux client are doing well.

Hmm....let me see...the new SGI TSM client for a 32-bit SGI machine.....:

cowboy.sara.nl# dsmc
ksh: /usr/bin/dsmc: Program not supported by architecture
cowboy.sara.nl# file /usr/bin/dsmc
/usr/bin/dsmc:  ELF N32 MSB mips-4 dynamic executable MIPS - version 1

I don't think this is good news....

Of course, the old (ADSM) version works:

cowboy.sara.nl# file /usr/adsm/dsmc
/usr/adsm/dsmc: ELF N32 MSB mips-3 dynamic executable MIPS - version 1
cowboy.sara.nl#

I think Tivoli just ended the backup support for 32-bit IRIX, as they
did with HSM for IRIX.

Cheers,
Henk.