ADSM-L

Re: hmmm...how do I do full backup?

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Subject: Re: hmmm...how do I do full backup?
From: Tracy T. [mailto:adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Maybe what you are looking for is an archive instead
of a backup.  An archive done on a filesystem captures
the filesystem as it is completely at a given point in
time.  It's more analogous to the non-ADSM concept of
what a full backup is.  Keep in mind, though, that the
ADSM concept of incremental backups *should* provide
for a restore of all data in the event of a disaster.
It's not a disaster recovery solution (an entire topic
in and of itself), but it is a portion of the DR
solution.