ADSM-L

Re: new TSM clients for Mac, SGI and Linux

2000-05-01 14:58:20
Subject: Re: new TSM clients for Mac, SGI and Linux
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 14:58:20 -0400
Hi:
Where did you obtain your (upsupported?) Linux client for ADSM?

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority

>>> GRETCHEN%PUCC.bitnet AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU 05/01/00 01:58PM >>>
Hi List,

Well, I've been installing the new TSM clients like crazy. The
good news is that the SGI client and the now supported (yippee!)
Linux client are doing well. However, the Mac Scheduler Daemon for
TSM v3.7.2.0 doesn't seem to work. It writes out a TSMTimer.txt
file that is blank. If I start the scheduler, the TSMTimer.txt
file is populated correctly, but if I reboot, the Daemon wipes
it out again. Nothing gets backed up, no contact with the server,
etc. TSM Scheduler Log and TSM Error Log are uneventful.

Since these were upgrades from v3.1.0.x, I decided to go after
the System folder and clean out the old ADSM stuff. Still no
luck. This occurred on 3 different Macs that were all functioning
prior to TSM v3.7.2.0. Two different servers are involved,
v3.1.2.50 on VM and v3.7.2.0 on Solaris.

Anybody else see this? There's nothing in the Readmes that mention
problems with the scheduler daemon.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University