ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:30:26
Hello

I've already submitted the following query but now we have done some =
testing
and have more information. One person replies saying impossible and =
another
said should be able to be done. Would someone be able to tell me if =
what we
are attempting to do is just not possible.

OS2 ADSM Client V 2.1.06
NT ADSM Client V 3.1.06
390 ADSM server V 3.1

First we do an incremental of the OS2 server.
We move data from the OS2 client to the NT client using XCOPY and =
keeping
all attributes of the files the same.
We then change the name and IP address of the NT client to the old OS2
client and attempt an incremental backup hoping the it will only back =
up any
modified files (which are none except they are on a different OS).

Unfortunately it does a full backup. We've tried playing around with =
file
attributes (eg deleting the archive bit on any the NT files) but no =
luck.
It doesn't create another file space within the storage pool so it does
appear to be looking at the previous files backup from OS2. It does =
however
rename the space name to the name of the share .ie \\hostname\d$. It
previously picked up disk label from OS2 and used that as a name. We =
use the
same disk label on the NT client but it seems to ignore it. Also =
unsharing
the drives doesn't help as it NT server and the drives are shared
automatically - and its what we what anyway. Anyone know why it does =
this??
However , my guess is I don't think this is having a bearing on the
incremental being a full one.

Information from IBM say that the "last used" attribute is flagged as
changed when moving the files from OS2 to NT and hence causing all =
files to
be backed up. Is there actually a "last used" attribute for files?? The
created and modified attributes shows no change.

Has anyone out there got a definitive answer on weather the first =
backup of
the NT data can only be a "full" incremental or is there some way =
getting
around it?

Thanks

Craig Murphy