ADSM-L

3590/9840 debate....PLEASE REPLY

2000-04-28 14:19:13
Subject: 3590/9840 debate....PLEASE REPLY
From: "Burton, Robert" <ROBERT.BURTON AT ROYALBANK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:19:13 -0400
We currently are running a 3494 tape library with 12 3590 drives....
We are in the process of trying to make a decision on whether to keep with
our current
tape media or switch to a STK library with 9840's...
Recently we have been bitten by 3590 READ errors during our copy pool
processing which we could not recover with a move data...

If you would be so kind I would like to get a reply back from 3590 and 9840
users as to any media problems
that you have experienced that have caused you to lose data....

thanks fellow ADSM/TSM'ers
Robert Burton
Open Systems Storage Analyst
Royal Bank of Canada