ADSM-L

Re: dsm.opt include/exclue list and case sensitivity

2015-10-04 17:31:36
Subject: Re: dsm.opt include/exclue list and case sensitivity
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
On this same topic....  What are the recommendations for exclusions on NT
Servers.  I am trying to convince management that we need to exclude things
like *.tmp, *.dmp c:\winnt\profiles (except administrators, all users and
default users) as well as *.lnk, *.url and any MS Office tmp files.  any
other recommendations or comments on these exclusions

Anthony Garrison, MCSE
Cell (210) 913-9836
Pager 753-9836
anthony.garrison AT usaa DOT com

Words of wisdom from an IRS Auditor -
                "The trick is to stop thinking of it as YOUR money"