ADSM-L

Netware v5 restore problem

2000-04-28 11:27:00
Subject: Netware v5 restore problem
From: Kevin Corning-Hyman <kcorning AT MHC DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:27:00 -0400
Hi,
Yesterday as we were recreating a Netware v5 client on new hardware, we ran
into a problem with ADSM.  When a restore was attempted on an open file (eg.
dscameng.txt, console.log, etc.) the whole restore session stopped.  The error
received was "(TSA500.NLM 5.3 266) This data set is in use and cannot be
accessed at this time"
"unsuccessful"
"Restore processing interrupted"

We were attempting to restore whole volume and used the '-replace=all' option.
Also, if we stepped through the prompts to restore existing files it died if we
tried to overwrite open files, too.  Obviously, nothing after the "open file"
was restored at that point.

ASDM Server: AIX v4.3.1, ADSM v3.1.2.40
ADSM Netware client: v3.1.0.8

TSA500.NLM: v5.03  (October 5, 1999)
SMDR.NLM: v5.04  (November 18, 1999)

We also tried back revving TSA500 and SMDR from Novell's service pack #2, no
difference.  Also, ADSM Netware client  v3.1.0.7o was tried, no difference.

I did check the listserv archives and APARS, but didn't find this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

Kevin Corning-Hyman
Information Center Consultant
Munson Medical Center
Traverse City, MI 49684