ADSM-L

Question of concern about Database

2000-04-27 15:10:25
Subject: Question of concern about Database
From: Jamie Mouzon <jmouzon AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:10:25 -0700
Hello everyone.  I have a question that I don't know
that answer to adn I cannot find a direct answer.  I
have just setup ADSTAR on my AS/400 and have been
testing it for sometime now in the IS department.
Previuosly this week, we went to impliment it to the
users and I got a error that there was not enough
space on the database to back up any more files.  So I
created another volume of 500MG totaling 524MG of
space for database volume.  That elimentated my
problem about running out if space.  My first question
is IS 520 MG OF SPACE ENOUGH FOR THE DATABASE VOLUME
IF I HAVE THE FOLLOWING VARIABLES.  I have about 200
users backing up daily with 4 GB of space for my
backup storage pool amd 10 tapes available for
migration.  My other question is HOW DOES THE DATABASE
CLEAR ITSELF OF UNUSED SPACE AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD I
NEED TO BACK IT UP?

Thanks in advance
Jamie Mouzon
**NOTE