ADSM-L

Re: Co-location?

2000-04-26 16:25:46
Subject: Re: Co-location?
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:25:46 -0400
You can always perform a MOVE DATA on tapes that you detect have multiple
nodes on them.  However, if you do this be aware that MOVE DATA will not
reclaim unused space in file-aggregates like RECLAIM will.  In our
environment, we don't attempt to force one node per tape because we have
2000 nodes and only 300+ tapes.  We get user data spread across 2 or 3
tapes sometimes, but that's not a real problem for us.  If we didn't use
collocation, we'd end up with user data spread across possibly over a
hundred tapes or more, over time.

..Paul
--
At 11:39 AM 4/26/2000 -0400, you wrote:
At 11:39 AM 4/26/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Wanda:
>Yes, not a big problem but since we do have the resources we prefer to
have each server node isolated to specific volumes for faster file recovery
and recreation of backups in the event a volume becomes defective.