ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:31:36
I had the feeling the export node would work. I just wasn't sure so I
did
not mention it on my first mail. In fact I called support to check if my
assumption about export node, I've never done export node before, was
accurate. The best answer I got was...go to blah,blah,blah...web site...

I guess I just wanted to hear it from the expert that's why I called.

Then, I said to myself why not try the LIST. As always the LIST comes
through.

Thanks everyone.

Angel

   -----Original Message-----
   From:       cookde [SMTP:cookde AT BP DOT COM]
   Sent:       Wednesday, April 26, 2000 4:24 AM
   To:         ADSM-L
   Cc:         cookde
   Subject:    Re: Delete a client node.

   Now remember the last "active" version of a file will never go
   away...

   I've had some nodes they wanted to keep the data around for ever... I
   export
   the nodes...

   I've had requests for data back from these nodes... I import them,
   the
   admins restore what info they need, I delete the nodes again (since I
   already have the exported data on tape)  this keeps a few hundred
   tapes out
   of my ATL's and keeps a handful of client licenses available for use.

   Now if you have archived data during the import you have to pay
   attention to
   the DATE=ABSOLUTE or RELATIVE option...

   Dwight

   PS I figure about the time I die of old age and someone asks "what
   are these
   tapes for" and someone replies "those antique 3590's ? trash-em" the
   data
   won't be important any more.

   > ----------

   Behalf Of
   > ANGEL BUGARIN
   > Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 4:13 PM
   > To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
   > Subject: Delete a client node.
   >

   > Hello ADSM gurus.
   >
   > I have a client node that has been decomissioned. It still has
   > 38GB of data stored in the server and will expire in 3 years.
   >
   > What I like to do is delete or remove the node and still be able
   > to retrieve the files backed up from it - maybe a year later?
   >
   > Is there a safe way to do this?
   >
   > TIA,
   > Angel

--openmail-part-1225b867-00000001--