ADSM-L

Re: Error Message

2000-04-25 15:50:35
Subject: Re: Error Message
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:50:35 -0400
>I'm confused by the "stale NFS handle" message.  I know what it means, but
>neither this computer nor the ADSM server have /usr mounted via NFS.

See the archives for much discussion about this, some 8 months ago.
The message is prototypical in saying "NFS" because that is the usual
file system access method which results in long delays in getting info;
but it basically speaks to a file system of any kind failing to respond
promptly to a timed stat() call.  The NFSTIMEOUT parameter can be used
to address this problem if it cannot be resolved by correcting the
file system malady.
    Richard Sims, BU