ADSM-L

Re: silly test !

2000-04-24 09:03:26
Subject: Re: silly test !
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:03:26 -0500
OK, in performing other upgrades I've found this to NOT be the case...

Actually during my upgrades my servers have (seemingly) randomly FORCED me
to license DRM in order for my license to be valid !

I think I might have figured out what is the case....

On some servers, in daily work on them I've typed "q pr" but due to misc.
situations on some servers it would miss the "q" and run the "pr"
(PREPARE (Create a Recovery Plan File) )
now I would cancel the processes when they had started because I DON'T USE
IT
BUT it seems that it put some hook in my systems that have screwed me.

this is still just a guess by me but some of my environments WILL NOT have a
valid license unless I register the DRM license and I DO NOT use it.

I guess I should call TIVOLI and have them come in and fix their broke
stuff...

Dwight