ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library

2000-04-21 10:37:56
Subject: Re: Audit Library
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:37:56 -0500
The audit library on the 3494 only checks between the 3494's inventory and
the *SM library volume inventory...
If a tape is already mounted, just because it is mounted doesn't mean it
isn't in the 3494's inventory...

I used to, long ago when the product was new to me, worry about that also
but over the years I haven't noticed any difference in if I started it when
migrations (or other activity) were running or if I purged the system of all
tape activity and then ran it...

Dwight