ADSM-L

Re: Question: AIX--ADSM--Magstar 3570

2000-04-20 15:50:30
Subject: Re: Question: AIX--ADSM--Magstar 3570
From: Jamie Mouzon <jmouzon AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:50:30 -0700
Jim

  The difference between checking in a volume and
defining a volume is that checkin LIBvolume is uset to
check tape into a tape library and define volume is
used to define a disk storage pool volume.

The other thing that the MAGSTAR not using two tapes
is a problem that I also had.  I had to eject and
checkout those volumes and format(initialize) them
with the OS first.  Then once this was done then I
checked the tapes back in to the library pool as
'scratch' and they began to work.

This may or maynot help you.  Good luck!!!!

Jamie Mouzon
AS/400 Systems Administrator