ADSM-L

[no subject]

2000-04-20 09:48:25
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:48:25 +0200
Hi *SMers,

I know the question I post now is not realy *SM related, but I saw that
there are also some  SAP Admins watching this list. So what I want do know,
did anyone ever had to change the SAP SID after a cross-system db restore
i.e. building an additional SAP system on a seperate machine with a
*different* SID. I know ( and did often ) a complete copy of an SAP system
via ADSM ( adint2 interface ) and I also changed the hostname successfully,
but I dont know the steps necessary to change this unique SID ( also found
no OSS hint on that issue)?

SAP : 45B
DB : SAP DB ( former ADABAS/D) 6.2.9.14
OS : AIX 4.3.2 ML 01
ADSM : 3.1.2.20

Any ideas would help ...... ( maybe contact me off-list at :
ha7 AT daimlerchrysler DOT com )

Thanks and sorry again ...

herfried