ADSM-L

Expiration not working

2015-10-04 17:31:36
Subject: Expiration not working
From: Brian Johnson [mailto:bjohnson AT AFCE DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,

Has anyone else had the same problems as below: -

We have a TSM Server (3.7.2.0) on an AIX 4.3.2 RS/6000 box. Expire inventory
has
started acting very strangely,

at 08:00 a few days ago  a daily  Admin schedule started expire inv

 1,212     Expiration               Examined 5 objects, deleting 0 backup
objects, 0
                                       archive objects, 0 DB backup volumes,
0
recovery
                                       plan files; 0 errors encountered.

at 09:00 the q proc produced: -

 1,212     Expiration               Examined 5 objects, deleting 0 backup
objects, 0
                                       archive objects, 0 DB backup volumes,
0
recovery
                                       plan files; 0 errors encountered.

Then at 16:00

 1,212     Expiration               Examined 2306 objects, deleting 0 backup
objects, 256
                                       archive objects, 0 DB backup volumes,
0
recovery
                                       plan files; 0 errors encountered.

This has happened for about a week now - Expire inv running very slow and
NOT
expiring any backup objects - when we know there should be thousands being
expired, any ideas???

Thanks in advance,

Brian Johnson