ADSM-L

Re: Expiration not working

2000-04-19 11:39:43
Subject: Re: Expiration not working
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:39:43 -0700
Recently we saw a similar problem.  DB Backup took 4 hours instead of hte
usual 1 hour.   Doing a ps aux|more showed two root jobs running that
had names prefaced by sna  (IBM's proprietary network acronymn) and
60%util each.   we killed those two process since we only use tcp/ip and
things returned to normal.   Its a 3466 box and I didn't know sna was
installed on it and running.  I alos removed it from init.rc

Now I'm trying to figure out what all these kproc jobs are and whether
they matter or not since two of them say 45% util.  I've rebooted twice
and still can't get rid of them.  Are they really using 45% cpu?
It doesn't seem that way.

   ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley