ADSM-L

Re: (New tables in 3.7 DB to answer?) Re: Database Utilisation zooming up after upgrading from ADSM to Tivoli 3.7 on AIX 4.3

2000-04-18 09:12:48
Subject: Re: (New tables in 3.7 DB to answer?) Re: Database Utilisation zooming up after upgrading from ADSM to Tivoli 3.7 on AIX 4.3
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:12:48 -0400
One of the more interesting tables is the SUMMARY table. It contains 1
record for almost every event/command. There is a record for each
backup/archive/restore/retrieve session. One for each BACKUP STG,
reclamation, DB Backup,... It is controlled by the SET SUMMARYRETENTION
command. I believe the default it 30-days. I use Crystal Reports to produce
some interesting stats using this table. It's almost like the accounting
data on steroids. You may want to look at setting this to a lower number of
days retention if you have a lot of activity.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.