ADSM-L

Re: Stoping the server through a script

2000-04-17 09:58:59
Subject: Re: Stoping the server through a script
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:58:59 -0500
No, actually I believe you are 100% correct... ya know how the server is
started with
nohup /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/rc.adsmserv &
then
root@ttcdsm04>ps -ef | grep dsmserv
    root 35548     1   0   Feb 22      -  0:00 ksh ./rc.adsmserv
    root 37408 35548   0   Feb 22      - 18166:33 dsmserv quiet
    root 39144 43922   1 08:55:47  pts/0  0:00 grep dsmserv
root@ttcdsm04>

now if one were to halt adsm with lots of activity (processes...) then the
"dsmserv quiet" would go away but the "rc.adsmserv" will remain there until
all processes have been halted and (I believe) all tapes have been
dismounted.

You can play around with this but you will see what I've mentioned above...
(at least with ADSM, still working on upgrades to TSM)

Dwight