ADSM-L

Re: Archive questions !!

2000-04-17 08:51:29
Subject: Re: Archive questions !!
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:51:29 -0500
Yep, there is no archive copy group !

OK,  if you do a

tsm: TTCSTG02>q copy unix active

Policy    Policy    Mgmt      Copy      Versions Versions   Retain  Retain
Domain    Set Name  Class     Group         Data     Data    Extra    Only
Name                Name      Name        Exists  Deleted Versions Version
--------- --------- --------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------
UNIX      ACTIVE    STANDARD  STANDARD         2        1       30      60
UNIX      ACTIVE    STANDARD  STANDARD         2        1       30      60

by default it gives you a "type=backup" but you may

tsm: TTCSTG02>q copy unix active type=archive

Policy        Policy        Mgmt          Copy            Retain
Domain        Set Name      Class         Group          Version
Name                        Name          Name
---------     ---------     ---------     ---------     --------
UNIX          ACTIVE        ETERNAL_-     STANDARD      No Limit
UNIX          ACTIVE        ETERNAL_-     STANDARD      No Limit
                             ARCHIVE
UNIX          ACTIVE        STANDARD      STANDARD           365

look under help define copygroup  there are two types, backup & archive
        define copygroup domainname setname classname standard type=archive
destination=poolname frequency=command retver=### mode=absolute
serialization=[shrst|st|shrdyn|dy]

then validate and activate your policy set

Dwight