ADSM-L

Re: Errors DLT Tapes

2000-04-14 07:45:38
Subject: Re: Errors DLT Tapes
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 07:45:38 -0400
I've seen some sites do an "upd vol acc=readwrite whereacc=readonly"
automatically every day, just to compensate for TSM's annoying habit of
marking tapes bad whemever there's a drive failure.

That is, any tape marked readonly is assumed to be readonly simply
because it was in a drive when the drive had a problem.

Pretty heavy-handed. Anybody have an easy way to do it better?

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris