ADSM-L

Change from OS2 client to NT

2000-04-13 21:15:15
Subject: Change from OS2 client to NT
From: "Murphy, Craig" <craig.murphy AT NZ.UNISYS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 20:15:15 -0500
Hi

We are looking at migrating our OS2 servers to NT. They will have the same
IP address and hostname. At present incrementals are run on the OS2 clients.
Can someone tell me what will happen on the first incremental backup of the
new NT server with the same hostname. Will it create a new filespace in the
storage pool called the same name but showing a different OS and not take
any note of the previous backups from the OS2 client, hence the first backup
will be a full backup.
Hopefully this is not the case as we have some 7 GB of files on some clients
that we don't want to backup again.
Also, is it possible to recover files from the old OS2 backups to the new NT
client.
ADSM 3.1

Regards
Craig Murphy