ADSM-L

Re: auditocc ??

2000-04-13 10:00:27
Subject: Re: auditocc ??
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:00:27 -0400
>Shouldn't the primary storagepool and the copy storagepool usage be the
>same after a backup stg primpool copypool??

Dick - From what you have evidenced it looks like somehow your primary storage
       pool contents went away, but the copy storage pool got left behind.

On 3/22, Simon Watson answered a similar question from a fellow with an empty
primary but populated copy storage pool:
   "I think the explanation is that the backup storage pool command copies
   all data in the primary to the copy, that is not already found in the
   copy.  Fullstop.  It does not reconcile the two completely.  I presume
   this is to cater for the case where you may delete a primary volume for
   some reason (maybe damaged) and then want to use the copy to recover
   the primary.  If it did a reconcile then it could be disastrous if a
   backup storage pool command was run before the recover could be
   completed."

Your Activity Log may contain evidence of what happened to the filespace or
storage pool to account for what you're seeing.  We'd be curious to learn what
did cause it, to understand the various circumstances under which this can
occur.

    Richard Sims, BU