ADSM-L

Re: Migrating a TSM Server from 390 to AIX

2000-04-12 13:53:44
Subject: Re: Migrating a TSM Server from 390 to AIX
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:53:44 -0700
Yes filedata=all does seem to move all the files.. try it with preview=yes..

I agree with your assessment that to migrate a server over the strategy
would seem to be to do a combination of the two commands.. First do an
export server filed=none to get everything BUT the data over.. then do a
back db to back up the database and move that over as well.. Now after an
import and a restore, you should have all your schedules, clients, policies,
etc in place as well as the database that knows where all the files are
located (on what volumes).

Of course pushing the data from the disk storage pools out to tape first so
the disk storage pools are empty is probably desirable :)

I wonder when doing an import server whether that includes any of the disk
storage pool configurations? As the new AIX system would probably have
different sized storage pools and volume names for the disk storage pools..
It's really only the tapes and perhaps their status' (offsite/readw/etc)
that I want moved over.