ADSM-L

Re: Undefined Volume

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Subject: Re: Undefined Volume
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I know this may sound crazy...but I had this same situation and it was
because the write protect tab had been moved to write protect on the
physical tape, probably during transport from offsite back to our location.
The tape was actually a scratch tape...

Kelli Jones
jonesk AT co.chesterfield.va DOT us

>>> "Burns, Kye" <Krburns AT FIRSTAM DOT COM> 04/12/00 07:25AM >>>
Hello *SMer's,
Probably a basic question, however I need expert opinions. Their is one
volume in the library which has a status of Private. In the Last Use column
their would be the word data, however their is only in the column a "blank
space" when I query the library (q libvol). Quering the content told me that
the volume is not defined. I wonder may their still be data on this tape? If
so could  I use Move Data command? Suppose if their were data on the tape I
would not know what stgpool it belonged to since it is not defined. Can I
use the move data + volume name, and see if ADSM will recognize the proper
stgpool to target the data to? Will I be able to use the move data command
at all under current circumstances? Sorry for an exhaustive explanation.
Thanks

Kye Burns
Data Systems Operator           Phone:  (619) 938-7905
First American CREDCO           Fax:     (619)) 938-7596
12395 First American Way        email: krburns AT firstam DOT com
Poway, CA 92064