ADSM-L

Lotus Notes Connect Agent

2000-04-12 10:19:23
Subject: Lotus Notes Connect Agent
From: Terry Taylor <taylota AT CHAMPINT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:19:23 -0400
Good morning all!

First of all, thanks to all who responded regarding my query about when a file
goes inactive.  I still have not had a
chance to test it, but I will later this week.

Secondly, this subject may have been discussed before, but here it goes anyway.
 I have a group of Lotus Notes servers
which I am backing up with both the normal ADSM client and the Notes Connect
agent.  We exclude the nsf files from the
ADSM client, and then pick them all up with the Notes Agent.  We have separate
node names, as well as separate dsm.opts
on each Notes server.  We also have just ONE policy domain for ALL Notes data,
both ADSM client and Notes agent.

My problem is that the Notes agent does not seem to be using the retention
policies correctly, if at all.  Our "Retain
Only Version" for Notes servers is set to 30 days.  I have a particular file,
TRENDS.NSF, that was deleted from a server
back in February.  This is obviously longer than 30 days.  But when I query
this node, I still see the following entry:

$NOTESDIR\TRENDS.NSF

and then it displays a number of files and physical storage amount.  My
question is: Why is this NSF file NOT dropping
out of ADSM after the 30 day period?

And after doing a little more digging, I have discovered that on at least two
servers so far, ADSM is still maintaining
as many as 250 more filespaces (NSF's) as actually exists on the server.  I'm
sure if I looked at the rest of my Notes
servers, I would probably find the same thing.  I know I can go in and delete
each of these filespaces manually,  but
his could be a rather time consuming process.  Not to mention dangerous if I
delete the wronf file space.  Better off
left to an automated process.
I am currently battling through ADSM database capacity problems, so any of you
running Notes can appreciate what kind of
D/B volume this agent can produce.  If any of you can shed some light on this,
I would apprecuiate it!  Thanks!