ADSM-L

Migrating a TSM Server from 390 to AIX

2000-04-11 15:26:53
Subject: Migrating a TSM Server from 390 to AIX
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:26:53 -0700
I?m interested in migrating a TSM server from a 390 mainframe to an AIX
system. This is something I?ve never done before and I?m curious as to how
to go about it. I don?t recall offhand whether there?s a redbook that covers
this sort of thing.

I assume you build the new AIX system and install TSM on it.. but then how
to get the data over isn?t clear to me.. I suppose you could transfer it
server to server but that could take quite a while. And this 390 has some 5
years of archived data offsite as well.. It seems there must be a way to do
this less painfully..

Appreciate any help/suggestions/pitfalls

Gerald