ADSM-L

Disaster Recovery scenario

2000-04-11 08:42:17
Subject: Disaster Recovery scenario
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.AIS.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:42:17 -0400
Greetings,

Our Security Administrator is working on various schemes for recovering
from a 'total' disaster, i.e the physical loss of the data center (fire,
bomb, flood, etc). He wants to know if it would be possible, using ADSM, to
restore the contents of three separate AIX servers into one piece of
hardware, different from the originals.

Is this a pipe dream? I know what I want to say, if we lose the data center
we start spending the insurance company's money and have replacement
servers available. Anyway, comments on the above scenario?

Thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman