ADSM-L

linux klient

2000-04-11 05:49:39
Subject: linux klient
From: Martin Trcka <mtrcka AT SMPAS DOT CZ>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:49:39 +0200
Hello,

I've got problem  on of my RH linux boxes. I have installed linux client
v317 on RH6.0 (kernel 2.2.5), made proper changes in inittab, dsm.sys.

The problem is, that even manual backup works perfectly, when it comes to
scheduled backups - simply nothing happens, even if the process is still
running. On the other linux box (RH6.1, kernel 2.2.12) everything looks the
same and works perfectly, scheduled backups, manual backups, etc..

Here are some facts about the bad machine:

$tail /etc/inittab
adsm:35:respawn:/usr/adsm/dsmc sched 1>/dev/null 2>&1

$cat /usr/adsm/dsm.sys
servername server_a
commethod tcpip
tcpport 1500
tcpserveraddress ...
nodename ...
errorlogname ...
schedlogname  ...
passwordaccess generate

I am sure these directives are ok, as manual backup works correctly.

i noticed that after some time, in the listing of running processes, the
initial /usr/adsm/dscm sched changes to [dsmc]. What does it mean ? (on the
other linux box, which works correctly) it always looks like this :/usr/adsm/...

So, what could be wrong ?

Thanx in advance.
] --
"...Naucte se milovat sve problemy"