ADSM-L

Retention Policies and Inactive Files

2000-04-10 10:53:15
Subject: Retention Policies and Inactive Files
From: Terry Taylor <taylota AT CHAMPINT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:53:15 -0400
Hello all,

Do any of you know a way to determine the date that a file on a server goes to
Inactive?  I have an NT file server that
keeps the last inactive version around for 180 days.  If I bring the ADSM
client up on the server, I can display both
active and inactive files.  And I can see the dates that the file was created
and backed up.  But I would also like to
see the date that the file went inactive.  This would also be the date the file
was deleted from the file server.

In the particular instance I am looking at, I have a file that was last backed
up on 2/20/1999.  It is the ONLY version
of the file and it is currently flagged as inactive.  I would like to verify
that this file will indeed drop off after
180 days.  But without being able to determine when the file was actually
deleted, or the date it went inactive(should
be the same day), I'm not sure how this can be accomplished.  Any ideas?  Due
to ongoing capacity issues(sound
familiar?), I need to verify that things are dropping off when they should.
Thanks!

Particulars:

ADSM  Server:        3.2.2.20
ADSM Client:           3.1.06