ADSM-L

BACKUP a FILE SYSTEM WITH a SPESIFIC MANAGMANET CLASS

2000-04-10 03:12:13
Subject: BACKUP a FILE SYSTEM WITH a SPESIFIC MANAGMANET CLASS
From: Omar AlGhamdi <ghamdigs AT ARAMCO.COM DOT SA>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:12:13 +0300
Hi,

I am running ADSM 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.2.1.0. I am trying to backup a certain file
system on a SUN server 2.6 with ADSM client 3.1.0.7. I would like to backup
this file system with the following method:
    1- Exclude the file system from the ADSM backup schedule.
    2- Run a script that will perform a selective backup with a certain
management class for this file system. This script will kickoff during daytime,
while the SUN server will backed up during night time.

I have noticed the following:
*    Using a manual selective command or normal backup  schedule it will always
go and read the Inclexclude.lst. I want to backup all file systems with the
default management class, but I want a specific file system to be backed up
with a different management class. If I exclude this file system in the
inclexclude.lst it will never gets backed up and if I included it with a
specific management class it will be backed up at night, which I don't want
that to happen. I want to backed it up on a certain time during the day with a
specific management class..................any ideas......

Best Regards
Omar AlGhamdi
ghamdigs AT aramco.com DOT sa
966-38737938