ADSM-L

Re: A practical approach to DR Was called: Opening a can of worms.

2000-04-08 00:14:45
Subject: Re: A practical approach to DR Was called: Opening a can of worms.
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT NERSP.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 00:14:45 -0400
=> On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:41:19 -0600, Kelly Lipp <lipp AT storsol DOT com> said:

> Don't try to restore the NT.  Just restore the data.

> Your DR plan for an NT machine with a couple of applications might look
> something like this:

> Install NT
[ ... ]
> Restore the data from *SM using the following commands:

> restore d:\XYZ\data\* -subdir=yes replace=all

Or, if you've got data stored on a central server by design, you can simply
re-map the network drives.  I can't possibly reccommed this model too highly:
if you can educate your users to keep "anything that matters" on a central
server, you'll reap rich dividends down the road.

Allen S. Rout
NERDC AD(koff)TSM admin.