ADSM-L

Re: Defining a Schedule

2000-04-07 09:39:26
Subject: Re: Defining a Schedule
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:39:26 -0400
Just have the schedule do a full incremental backup of everything,
but have the client options limit you to the specific folders.

Three ways:

1. add inclexcl lines to ignore all but  the desired dirs, or

2. (more efficient) use DOMAIN as below:

(Unix clients)
Put in the client's dsm.opt file:
        virtualmountpoint /dir1/dir2
        virtualmountpoint /dir3
        (etc)
        domain /dir1/dir2   /dir3
(you don't need the virtualmountpoint thing if the directories
 are REALLY mounted filessystems, like /home or such.)

(windows clients)
share the directory in questions
map a drive to the share, say as drive F:
add to your dsm.opt file
        domain F:

Hope this helps.