ADSM-L

Re: Question about scheduled backups !!

2000-04-07 01:04:41
Subject: Re: Question about scheduled backups !!
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:04:41 -0700
You have too many users for too small a window.
When I've seen this in the past I've increased the window
a lot (from 1 or 2 hours to 6 or 8 hours)
but I don't recommend keeping it that way.
Depending on your randomization you end up with clients starting
backups all over the time-map.

I haven't tried this but suspect lowering randomization to zero
may 'fix' it as well.

..joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley