ADSM-L

Re: Pros and cons of NT 4 as an ADSM server platform

2000-04-06 11:24:41
Subject: Re: Pros and cons of NT 4 as an ADSM server platform
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:24:41 -0400
>management is interested in minimizing server platforms.

Presumably, they mean running stuff on small, cheap boxes.
In general, you get what you pay for, and there's a reason for
choosing AIX, as in high performance, predictability, and solidity.
We do, however, look forward to the fruits of IBM's projects to
run AIX and products on more hardware platforms, and to have
a supported *SM client and server on Linux.
This could, in the future, give your management what they seek.
For now I'd echo the other recommendations to stick with the
good stuff that you have.

   Richard Sims, BU
    "What do you want to monopolize today?"