ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/Magstar 3570 Question

2000-04-05 15:49:40
Subject: Re: ADSM/Magstar 3570 Question
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:49:40 -0400
Glen (via Richard),

If your read my comments below, I did not say that move data would
"trigger expiration / reclamation".  Updating the reclaim threshold could
trigger reclaimation, which does basically the same thing as a move data.
I did not mention expiration, as I assumed it was being run if tapes were
at 85% reclaimable.  I find that "reclaimation" frequently makes poor
choices as to what to reclaim, so a quick "q vol" to a file, sorted
ascending on Pct Util shows the best candidates for my "move data" method
of reclaimation.  I give the list to the Operators here, and they
run/monitor it.  Once my "overflowing 3575-L12" gets it's L18 upgrade, and
all of my primary storage pool volumes fit inside, I may try reclaimation
again...