ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1.2.55 core dumped on AIX - now what?

2000-04-03 17:19:57
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1.2.55 core dumped on AIX - now what?
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 16:19:57 -0500
Richard,

Thanks for the feedback.  I've had no more problems with .55.

But my original question was:

Since .55 is a "fixtest," now that I have experienced core dumps, does that info
need to go anywhere in particular?

Do the *SM developers need it for analysis?

..., Etc.

By now it's too late; I've deleted the core dump file and sent the activity log
and AIX log to IBM via an ordinary Tech Support call, but I looked through the
files and there isn't much to go on.

My real question is:  What is the expected process for using "fixtests" and for
providing feedback in event of problems?

Thanks again.

Tab

Richard Cowen <richard.cowen AT VTMEDNET DOT ORG> on 04/03/2000 11:27:00 AM