ADSM-L

Re: Oracle DPA

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: Re: Oracle DPA
From: Gerald Wichmann [mailto:gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Well my point still remains.. I did mention the drawback ;)

Your DB is a lot larger then ours ;)  150GB DB is still going to suck up a
lot of tapes either way.. In that case I admit a connect agent makes more
practical sense though.

Disks are cheap to a point ;)  SQL Backtrack (earlier suggestion) Runs close
to $10,000 by the time you purchase backtrack AND the adsm obsi module. You
can get a lot of 36GB disks for that! ADSM Connect agent is a lot cheaper of
course.. I guess the answer is "it depends" as things often do..

Gerald